Be a Lion Podcast: How to Get Good Sleep and Have More Energy
March 7, 2012 Leave a comment
This podcast episode is centered on that powerful strategy for boosting your energy levels, improving your mood, finding happiness, having better focus and improving your attention span, improving your relationships, and generally making you an awesome, successful person: how to get good sleep!
Of course, this is a life coaching podcast, so the overarching goal is always to inspire to follow your passion and fulfill your purpose in life – but you know you cannot achieve that without having the energy to persevere. And that means you need to get a good night’s sleep.
In this cast, I discuss the benefits of sleep, pointing out how sleep loss affects us in so many ways, especially if we lose so much that we’re always tired.
I get strategic, discussing ways we can change our habits and patterns to improve your sleep. Here are some of the life coaching strategies I discuss in detail (think of them as natural sleeping remedies – the best sleep aid is having good habits):
- how to manage your cell phone and email at night, so you can decompress and get to bed in time to get good sleep.
- how to manage stress: I share ideas to help you reduce your stress levels and relax for bed
- how to prevent stress (changing the causes and conditions of your stress rather than just coping with them)
- create a soothing, settling environment (turning down the lights, etc.)
- create a night time routine that sets the tone for a good night’s sleep
- changing habits around TV, especially what you choose to view in the hours before bed
- keeping your bed for sleeping and… Well, you know. Yet, it’s Pavlovian – if you want to get good sleep, you want sleep and relaxation to be the strongest associations with your bed
- trimming caffeine use
- creating a positive domino effect in your life, starting early in the day so you set yourself up to get to sleep.
I thought I’d point out that the reason I share as many practical strategies that possible is that I know that while inspiration is incredibly important to living your dreams, it will only get you so far. You need strategies and a plan, combined with inspiration, if you really find your passion, and fulfill your purpose in life. Hopefully better sleep will solve a big piece of the puzzle for you: who knows what you can accomplish when you boost your energy levels!?!
Thanks for listening, and I love hearing your comments, questions, and ideas.
– Marie Wetmore, Life Coach
Check out my awesome life coaching packages, including my new semiprivate programs (Getting Organized, Creating a Happier Life, and Stress Management). You can be coached from anywhere in the world. More to be announced soon!
Remember to subscribe to this blog so you can get more sweet, sweet inspiration, delivered at your convenience.